[InKunming--China] It's Qixi, or Chinese Valentine's Day. Before you know it, the streets and your social media will suddenly be overwhelmed by couples showing off their romantic moments. This can be a difficult time for singles, so here are 10 ways to fight back.
1. Buy a pair of dark sunglasses and pretend you don't see lovers. You are too cool to be distracted by PDAs (public display of affection).
2. For the day, block your friends who are in a relationship on your social media.
3. Order flowers online and have them sent to your office. Act very surprised, so your colleagues think the flowers are from your secret lover.
4. If you are a responsible person, it's not a bad idea to get a pet!
5. Post a misleading selfie on your social media that sends a message to everyone that you are on a date, when you are actually alone.
6. Go to a Yuelao temple and pray for your lover to appear soon. Yuelao, also called the Chinese matchmaker, is a legendary old man in charge of marriage in Chinese mythology.
7. Occupy seats in the city's most romantic restaurants with as many of your single friends as possible, so the couples end up eating at McDonald's.
8. Watch a movie about a heartbreaking love story and feel lucky that you are not in a relationship.
9. Without a lover, you can still say "I love you", to your family and friends.
10. If none of the above work for you, remember that tomorrow is another day.