中文 |

Kunming Workers' Cultural Palace goes into operation on December 24

By : InKunming | Published: 2014-December-26

Kunming Workers' Cultural Palace opens. [Provided to InKunming]

[InKunming--Kunming]  The opening ceremony which marked official operation of the newly built Workers' Cultural Palace was held on site on December 24 in Kunming.

Former Workers' Cultural Palace, which was located at Dongfeng Square, was a land mark of Kunming for decades and had witnessed growth of several generations. It was demolished on September 7, 2013. After one year, the new Workers' Cultural Palace, located at east Renmin Road, officially opened for business. It was the third workers’ cultural palace in Kunming history.

The new Workers’ Cultural Palace covers a floor space of 358,000 square meters and a building area of 61,000 square meters, which triples its former one. In the new Workers’ Cultural Palace, 70% areas are used for commercial operation, and leaving 30% areas are for office and public use. Restaurants, cinema, department store, Migrant Workers’ Rights Protection Center, etc., could all be found there.

Click here to view Chinese report.

(Editors: Tracy, Cathy Chen) 

The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published on this site, with " InKunming" being given as the source, belongs to Kunming Information Hub Media Ltd. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

Copyright © 2008 Kunming All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.E-mail: inkunmingkmxxg@hotmail.com